15 g Cornflour
185 g Flour
70 g Caster Sugar
100 g Butter
30 g Peanut Butter
55 g Chopped Roasted Peanuts
1 Pinches Salt
-GUINNESS ICE CREAM-
700 ml Milk
300 ml Guinness
200 g Caster Sugar
1 Spoon Staboline
50 ml Water
180 g Sugar
100 g Couverture
1. Sieve cornflour, flour and salt together and add the sugar.
2. Cut the butter into cubes and rub into fine crumb with the peanut
3. Add the chopped nuts and rest the pastry for one hour in a fridge.
4. Roll into circles and bake in a medium oven.
Guinness Ice Cream
5. Whisk sugar and eggs together over a bain marie until a full sabayon.
6. Bring Guinness and milk to the boil, pour over the sabayon and whisk.
7. Chill and churn in an ice cream machine.
8. Mix all these ingredients together and bring to the boil.
9. When all the chocolate has melted pour in the paste and cook out for
approximately 15 minutes until it tastes very smooth.
Deep Fried Nuts
10. To fry the nuts, poach first in stock syrup which is a pint of water
and 450g of sugar.
11. Drain and deep fry in oil until golden and toss in caster sugar.
12. Spoon some chocolate sauce on a place in a circle.
13. Place one shortbread biscuit in the middle.
14. Using a ring or cutter of the same size, mould the ice cream on top of
15. Remove the ring, place a biscuit on top, dust with icing sugar and
decorate with deep fried nuts.