3 tb Butter or margarine
3 tb HERSHEY’S Cocoa
2/3 c Powdered sugar
1 tb Milk
1/4 ts Vanilla extract
1 3/4 c All-purpose flour
1 1/2 c Granulated sugar
2/3 c HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1 1/2 ts Baking soda
1 ts Salt
1 1/2 c Dairy sour cream
1/2 c Butter or margarine
1 ts Vanilla extract
1/2 c Chopped nuts
Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Prepare CRATER FILLING.
2. In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and
salt. Add sour cream, butter, eggs and vanilla; blend on low speed.
Beat on medium speed of electric mixer 3 minutes, scraping bowl
occasionally. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Drop half teaspoonfuls of filling 1 inch apart over top of batter.
With fork, marble filling lightly over batter. Sprinkle nuts over top.
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake
portion near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire
rack. Sprinkle powdered sugar over top, if desired. 12 to 15 servings.
1. In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add cocoa, stirring
constantly until blended and smooth.
2. In small mixer bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Add
cocoa mixture; beat on high speed of electric mixer 2 minutes.
Hershey’s is a registered trademark of Hershey Foods Corporation.
Recipe may be reprinted courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens.