20 ea Gingersnaps
1/2 c Walnuts (Opt)
2 tb Margarine, Melted
4 lg Eggs, Separated
16 oz Can Solid Packed Pumpkin
16 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
1 ts Ground Cinnamon
1/2 ts Ground Allspice
1/2 ts Ground Ginger
1/8 ts Ground Cloves
1/4 ts Ground Nutmeg
1 c Prepared Eggnog
1 tb Cornstarch
Walnuts for Garnish (Opt)
1. Preheat oven to 350?F.
2. Spray 9″ x 3″ springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In food processor with knife blade attached, blend gingersnaps,
walnuts (opt), and 1/4 cup sugar until finely ground; stir in
4. Press mixture onto bottom and 2 1/2 inches up side of springform
5. In small bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until
Gradually beat in 3/4 cup sugar until soft peaks form; set aside.
6. In large bowl, with same beaters and with mixer at medium speed,
egg yolks, pumpkin, cream cheese, cinnamon, allspice, ginger,
and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg until well blended.
7. Fold egg white mixture into cream-cheese mixture; pour into
8. Bake 1 hour or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge of cheesecake
comes out clean.
9. Cool cheesecake in pan on wire rack. 10. In small saucepan, mix
eggnog, cornstarch, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. 11. Over medium heat,
heat to boiling. 12. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute or until
mixture thickens. Let
stand 10 minutes to cool slightly. 13. Remove side of springform
pan from cheesecake; spread eggnog mixture
over cheesecake. Garnish with walnuts (opt). 14. Refrigerate
cheesecake at least 4 hours or until well chilled.