2 1/3 c All-purpose flour
1 1/2 ts Baking powder
1/4 ts Salt
2 Sticks Butter; room temp
1 2/3 c Granulated sugar
5 lg Eggs
1 1/2 ts Almond extract
3 oz Semisweet chocolate chips
-(1/2 cup); melted
Recipe by: The Woman’s Day Cookbook 1. Heat the oven to 325F. Grease
and lightly flour a 10-cup Bundt or fluted tube pan.
2. In a small bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until
smooth. Add the sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in the almond extract.
5. With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour mixture until
6. Put about 1 1/2 cups of the batter into a small bowl. Stir in the
melted chocolate until well blended.
7. Alternately put large spoonfuls of white and chocolate batter
into the prepared pan. Swirl gently with a thin knife to marbleize
the batter slightly. Tap the pan on the countertop to remove any air
8. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted
near the center of the cake comes out clean. Set the pan on a wire
rack to cool for 20 minutes. Invert the cake onto the rack and cool
completely. Just before serving, sift confectioner’s sugar over the